Can Immunocal help with diabetes?
Improve your Immune Function by Raising Glutathione
How are diabetes and glutathione related for your health?
Diabetics are generally considered immunocompromised, or deficient in their immunity by definition. They are prone to more infections than they can generally resist.
When a bacterial infection takes over, it is generally more serious for the diabetic since gangrene and sepsis can set in. For this reason, it is important to prevent and treat infections right away.
Even more importantly, for how to prevent diabetes in the first place, keep your immune system strong. If you are less prone to infection, then you are less likely to suffer some of the above complications of diabetes.
Studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of elevated glutathione (GSH) levels in the following conditions:
- Immune system support against infection
- Decrease of oxidative stress from hyperglycemia (high blood sugar levels)
- Decrease of platelet aggregation
- Prevention of vascular complications including :
- Atherosclerosis (as well as heart disease and stroke)
- Nephropathy (kidney damage)
- Retinopathy (retinal damage)
- Neuropathy (nerve damage)